About Bright Care
In 2009, Tim and Louise Cocking established Bright Care inspired, in part, by the successes and failures of a family journey in providing care for a much loved elderly family member.
The vision was to create a solution to the ultimate dream: that with the right foundations and resources in place, every elderly person can live out their later years, with dignity, security and companionship, in the comfort of their own homes.
It was decided that Bright Care would commit to uniquely working alongside sons and daughters in the care of their parents, alleviating the complexities and frustrations associated with getting care right for their loved ones through delivering a premium and fully-managed care at home solution.
Tim and Louise know that getting care right for families ultimately starts with creating and nurturing an exemplary culture within the business. They find joy and purpose in working alongside colleagues that give the very best of themselves bring out the very best in others. Their desire is that every single member of the team, no matter their role, is able to play to their strengths every day, continually learning, growing and bettering themselves within an organisation where they truly feel like part of a family.
10 years on Bright Care has firmly established itself as one of the top providers of exclusive and privately funded care at home.
Alongside the privilege of leading Bright Care on its exciting journey, Tim and Louise, also have the joy of being parents to three young children.
A Unique & Award-Winning Approach
Bright Care is proud to do things differently – our clients and staff are at the heart of everything that we do. By focusing on the holistic needs of each client, we tailor our care packages in order to deliver the best care possible.
Our approach is unique, but simple:
- We are for self-funding families. By strategically choosing not to engage with council services, it means we can offer a fully bespoke and premium service.
- We go the whole way. We don’t believe in remaining at home ‘for as long as possible’. Instead, with the right foundations and resources, we believe it possible for elderly people to live out their days with dignity and grace in the comfort of their own homes.
- We provide a fully-managed service. This means we take the stress out of managing care provision yourself, so you can spend more quality time as a family.
- We focus on relationships. With visits from two hours or more, we place huge importance on building quality and meaningful relationships. We know that having a consistent face is imperative to providing premium care.
- We are regulated. This means we are regularly reviewed by the Care Inspectorate, the single regulatory body for social care services set up by the Scottish Government.
- We excel at supporting seniors. By only focusing on the over 65s, we have become experts in senior care.
This unique approach has earned us many accolades over the years, most recently the Scottish Housing Support Provider of the Year at the 2017 Scottish Care Awards, as well as being named by The Sunday Times as one of the 100 Best Small Companies To Work For in 2018.
Our Company Values
We have three core values. These are not vacuous values, rather, they play out in our day-to-day experiences of the company. They explain what matters most to us in the pursuit of our mission and vision, and how we find purpose in what we do.
- Looking In The Mirror. With courage and humility, we look in the mirror and take ownership of the strengths and weaknesses that we see in ourselves. We embrace the journey of learning and growing in our potential to ensure that we are always positioned for our greatest contribution.
- Committing To Each Other’s Highest Good. With courage, we fight for each other’s highest possible good. We uncover and call out the potential in one another and lean into the honest conversations that help us to overcome any behaviours which could limit this potential.
- Journeying Together United As One. With courage, we invest in long-term relationships where we work interdependently, knowing that our colleagues have our backs. We hold fast to the unwavering belief that together we will always prevail.
A Bright Future
From one small office in Edinburgh, to multiple branches spread throughout Scotland and England, we collectively support almost 350 clients. By continuously employing exceptional people we will continue to deliver an excellent standard of care. As we expand by opening more local branches throughout the UK, we will always stay true to our family ethos, core values and attention to customer service – ultimately doing things ‘The Bright Care Way.’