About Bright Care
In 2009, Tim and Louise Cocking established Bright Care inspired by the successes and failures of a family journey in providing care for a much loved elderly family member.
Their vision was that with the right foundations and resources in place, every elderly person can live their later years, with peace, security and purpose, in the comfort of their own home.
Bright Care was founded to work alongside families as they navigate care for those they love, alleviating the complexities and frustrations associated with getting care right, the first time round. Bright Care has, in this way, firmly established itself as one of the top providers of exclusive and privately funded care at home.
As a family, everyone at Bright Care knows that getting care right for loved ones ultimately starts with creating and nurturing an exemplary culture within the business. The desire is that every member of the Bright Care team is able to play to their strengths every day, continually learning, growing and bettering themselves within an organisation where they truly belong.
Alongside the privilege of leading Bright Care on its exciting journey, Tim and Louise also have the absolute joy of being parents to three young children.
A Unique & Award-Winning Approach
Bright Care is proud to do things differently – our clients and staff are at the heart of everything that we do. By focusing on the holistic needs of each client, we tailor our care packages in order to deliver the best care possible.
Our approach is unique, but simple:
- We are for self-funding families. By choosing not to engage with council services, it means we can offer a fully bespoke and premium service.
- We journey alongside you. We don’t believe in remaining at home ‘for as long as possible’. With the right foundations and resources, we make it possible for those you love to continue bringing their greatest contribution to life in the comfort of their own home.
- We provide a fully-managed service. We are uncompromisingly dedicated to supporting the changing needs of those you love. Our team’s total focus on your family takes the stress out of managing care every step of the way.
- We focus on relationships. We carefully match your loved ones with our Bright Carers, and with visits from two hours or more, we place huge importance in nurturing genuine and meaningful relationships.
- We are regulated. Our care is consistently graded at the highest levels by care regulators, so you can rest assured that your family will be well looked after by our team.
- We are experts in senior care. We believe caring for the elderly goes way beyond routine tasks and by only focusing on the over 65s, we have become experts in this age group. Our care and companionship allow those you love to continue flourishing in later years.
This unique approach has earned us many accolades over the years, most recently the Scottish Housing Support Provider of the Year at the 2017 Scottish Care Awards, as well as being named by The Sunday Times as one of the 100 Best Small Companies To Work For in 2018.
Our Company Values
We have three core values. These are not vacuous values, rather, they play out in our day-to-day experiences of the company. They explain what matters most to us in the pursuit of our mission and vision, and how we find purpose in what we do.
- Looking In The Mirror. With courage and humility, we look in the mirror and take ownership of the strengths and weaknesses that we see in ourselves. We embrace the journey of learning and growing in our potential to ensure that we are always positioned for our greatest contribution.
- Committing To Each Other’s Highest Good. With courage, we fight for each other’s highest possible good. We uncover and call out the potential in one another and lean into the honest conversations that help us to overcome any behaviours which could limit this potential.
- Journeying Together United As One. With courage, we invest in long-term relationships where we work interdependently, knowing that our colleagues have our backs. We hold fast to the unwavering belief that together we will always prevail.
A Bright Future
From one small office in Edinburgh, to multiple branches throughout the UK, our vision is to be the UK’s go-to private and premium home care company for seniors. By attracting and nurturing exceptional talent, building cohesive teams, and being an active part of local communities, we will continue to deliver outstanding and award-winning care.
We have already supported more than 700 families, and we so believe in the quality and benefits of our care services that we see it as our duty to provide them to as many seniors as possible. As Bright Care expands its reach by opening more local branches, we will never lose sight of our culture: sticking together, being together, supporting each other, and ultimately doing things ‘The Bright Care Way’.