Our hourly Care Assistant jobs
If you are the kind of person who wants to bring joy and purpose into elderly people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
As a salaried in-home elderly Care Assistant, you will visit your clients in their own homes to provide care and companionship. Our visits of two hours or more means that you are there for those little moments, like reading the papers, crafting, baking or drinking tea in the garden, ultimately building and nurturing relationships that will last for life.
Yvonne, Bright Carer
Care Assistant job description
As a Bright Care at-home Care Assistant, you will work in a small team and look after regular clients. Our visits are always two-hours or longer and during this time, your role will include:
- Assisting with personal care.
- Helping with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, and cooking.
- Going on outings (food shopping, social events, appointments).
- Providing ongoing companionship.
- Assisting with medications or picking up prescriptions.
- Writing daily reports.
- Providing friendly companionship.
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting).
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking).
- Assisting with outings (food shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice).
- Supporting clients with taking medication.
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility, and light exercise.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit.
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients and reporting any changes or concerns to the office.
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients.
- First-class training and ongoing development, delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- A contract with a guaranteed working pattern.
- Good work-life balance.
- All mileage paid, as well as covered public transport cost.
- Accrued paid holidays.
What we look for in our Care Assistants
- People who bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience.
- Commitment and reliability.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
Why join Bright Care
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As an award-winning business, Bright Care is an excellent organisation to work for. We value our employees’ wellbeing, offering salaried roles, competitive benefits, first-class training and on-going support from your local branch. With in-home care, you will have the time and opportunity to provide the care and attention your client deserves.
Jane, Bright Carer
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Bright Care. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there are a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support – whether this be for training or for personal development. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
To apply for any of our hourly Care Assistant jobs, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in our online application form.