Becoming A Bright Carer
More than just a ‘job’. Become a Bright Carer.
If you’re warm-hearted, curious, and looking for a long-term relationship with an employer, we’re offering the opportunity for a select handful of the sector’s best carers to join our local dream teams and be part of something amazing.
As a Bright Carer, you’ll be trained to deliver first-class care and companionship on the frontline of our business, and get a kick out of making a real difference to older people’s lives by enabling them to remain living with purpose and peace in the comfort of their own homes.
You’ll become part of the Bright Care team and we endeavour to look after our carers. You’ll receive a competitive salary, flexible work patterns and we also provide full training before you start. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based staff every step of the way.
I enjoy working with Bright Care as it is a supportive organisation with a strong sense of quality and high standards. I take great pride in my work as a Bright Carer, helping people to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Bright Carer, Edinburgh
Coming to work at Bright Care was the best decision I ever made, it was like being welcomed into an extended family of supportive colleagues and staff members. I can honestly say that I wake up each morning and look forward to going to work and doing something different every day with my clients.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
Working with Bright Care is more than just a ‘job’. It gives you a sense of pride, achievement and fulfilment and you really make a difference to the vulnerable within our communities. Behind you are a great team of colleagues that are always there to give support and advice.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Life experience is essential. You need to be empathetic and understanding.
- You should have a positive attitude, patience, and good communication skills.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations.
Our Bright Carer Roles
We have a number of different care roles available at Bright Care. Take a look below to find out more about each one. Please note that only certain branches recruit for our salaried carer role.
Non-Salaried Visiting Carer
For our visiting (or hourly) Bright Carers, we offer two types of contract. Our non-salaried Bright Carers have a zero-hour contract. However, we do seek complete commitment as you develop your own client base.
If you’re looking for a part-time role, this option at Bright Care is ideal for you.
Overnight Bright Carer
Looking for overnight care work? If so, our overnight carer role could be ideal for you. As an overnight carer, you’ll provide a reassuring presence throughout the night for our clients in the comfort of their own home.
At Bright Care, we offer roles for both waking nights, as well as sleepovers.
Live-In Bright Carer
As a live-in carer, you’ll provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home. As you live with the person, it means you’re on hand to assist with all aspects of daily life.
We offer work based on a variety of schedules, please ask us to find out more.
What Makes Bright Care Different
Since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based team whenever you need it.
We’ll make sure you’re never out of pocket when you travel between clients.
This allows for quality time and companionship. Let relationships blossom.
When you use your car with a client, we’ll compensate you for any wear and tear.
We’re proud to be an employer of choice. The Sunday Times thinks so too, placing us on the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
Our exceptional Bright Care Academy means you’re always confident and equipped to do your job.
Because we’re learners, we’ll give you up to £1000 towards a relevant course.
Whether it’s in management or care, we’ll help you find your potential within Bright Care.
- A driving licence and own car. Unless you’re working for our Edinburgh branch, it’s essential.
- Language. The ability to speak English clearly, both in person and on the phone.
- Flexibility. You should have a consistent weekly availability of between 10 and 35 hours. You should be willing to work some weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) and some evenings too (visits from 6pm to 10pm).
- Broughty Ferry
- Scottish Borders
As a Bright Carer, you will provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home, through visits lasting for a minimum of two hours at a time.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Providing friendly companionship
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting)
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Assisting with outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments)
- Supporting clients with taking medication
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility and light exercise
- Planning and preparing meals
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients, and reporting any changes or concerns to the office
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night
Unlock Your Potential
As a Bright Carer, we love coming alongside our team members and helping them unlock their potential. Whether that’s in care or within one of our office teams, we’ll help you grow. In fact, many of our Registered Branch Managers started with us as a Bright Carer. Here’s a typical journey for some of our staff.
To find out more, please feel free to contact our Head of People on 0131 357 3453.
England Qualification: Care Certificate & Level 2 Diploma in Care (post-probation)
Scotland Qualification: Bright Carer Academy Induction & SVQ 2 (post-probation)
England Qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Scotland Qualification: SVQ 3
England Qualification: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
Scotland Qualification: SVQ 4