Becoming A Bright Carer
Become One Of The Family & Bring Joy And Purpose Into People’s Lives
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in Bright Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way.
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the Bright Care family.
I enjoy working with Bright Care as it is a supportive organisation with a strong sense of quality and high standards. I take great pride in my work as a Bright Carer, helping people to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Bright Carer, Edinburgh
Coming to work at Bright Care was the best decision I ever made, it was like being welcomed into an extended family of supportive colleagues and staff members. I can honestly say that I wake up each morning and look forward to going to work and doing something different every day with my clients.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
Working with Bright Care is more than just a ‘job’. It gives you a sense of pride, achievement and fulfilment and you really make a difference to the vulnerable within our communities. Behind you are a great team of colleagues that are always there to give support and advice.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- Unless you’re working with our Edinburgh team, a driving licence and car are essential.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- A consistent weekly availability of between 16 and 40 hours. You should be willing to work some weekends, and some evenings too.
Our Bright Carer Roles
We have a number of different care roles available at Bright Care. Please note that only certain branches recruit for our salaried carer role.
Visiting Bright Carer
For our visiting Bright Carers, we offer either a full-time salaried role based on forty hours (only available in certain branches), or a guaranteed-hours role based on a minimum of sixteen hours per week. If you’re looking for a part-time or full-time daytime role with guaranteed hours, this is ideal for you.
Live-In Bright Carer
Our live-in carers provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home throughout the day and night. As you live with the person, it means you’re on hand to assist with all aspects of daily life. We offer work based on guaranteed work patterns. Please ask us to find out more.
What Makes Bright Care Different
Since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based team whenever you need it.
We’ll make sure you’re never out of pocket when you travel between clients.
This allows for quality time and companionship. Let relationships blossom.
When you use your car with a client, we’ll compensate you for any wear and tear.
We’re proud to be an employer of choice. The Sunday Times thinks so too, placing us on the 100 Best Companies To Work For list.
Our exceptional Bright Care Academy means you’re always confident and equipped to do your job.
Because we’re learners, we’ll give you up to £1000 towards a relevant course.
Whether it’s in management or care, we’ll help you find your potential within Bright Care.
- Bridge of Allan
- Broughty Ferry
- Scottish Borders
As a Bright Carer, you will provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home, through visits lasting for a minimum of two hours at a time. Some of your duties will involve:
- Providing friendly companionship
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting)
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Assisting with outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice)
- Supporting clients with taking medication
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility and light exercise
- Planning and preparing meals
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients, and reporting any changes or concerns to the office
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night
Unlock Your Potential
At Bright Care, we love coming alongside our team members and helping them unlock their potential. Whether that’s in care or within one of our office teams, we’ll help you grow. In fact, many of our Registered Branch Managers started with us as a Bright Carer. Here’s a typical journey for some of our staff.
To find out more, please feel free to contact our Recruitment Coordinator on 0131 378 1888.
England Qualification: Care Certificate & Level 2 Diploma in Care (post-probation)
Scotland Qualification: Bright Carer Academy Induction & SVQ 2 (post-probation)
England Qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Scotland Qualification: SVQ 3
England Qualification: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
Scotland Qualification: SVQ 4
- We provide a full and bespoke Bright Care PPE kit for every member of staff.
- Our in-house coach supports all the workforce to discuss any impacts from working on the frontline during these times.
- Our leadership team have daily meetings to stay abreast of regulatory and government changes.
- We believe it vital for our Bright Care Academy to provide face-to-face training to best equip staff to feel confident in caring for our clients. Hence we’ve adapted our interview and training process to be aligned with safe, social distancing measures, in our Covid-19 Secure offices.
You can read more about our recruitment process, here. Alternatively sign up to our newsletter to receive six weekly emails detailing helpful tips and advice about working with Bright Care.