Becoming A Bright Carer
More than just a ‘job’. Become a Bright Carer.
If you’re warm-hearted, open and naturally caring, we’d love to hear from you. As a foremost provider of in-home care services for self-funding families, we’re growing fast and are always looking for Bright Carers to join our team.
As a Bright Carer, you’ll provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home. Your support is vital in empowering them to live out their days with dignity and purpose.
You’ll become part of the Bright Care team and we endeavour to look after our carers. You’ll receive a competitive salary, flexible work patterns and we also provide full training before you start. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based staff every step of the way.
I enjoy working with Bright Care as it is a supportive organisation with a strong sense of quality and high standards. I take great pride in my work as a Bright Carer, helping people to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Bright Carer, Edinburgh
Coming to work at Bright Care was the best decision I ever made, it was like being welcomed into an extended family of supportive colleagues and staff members. I can honestly say that I wake up each morning and look forward to going to work and doing something different every day with my clients.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
Working with Bright Care is more than just a ‘job’. It gives you a sense of pride, achievement and fulfilment and you really make a difference to the vulnerable within our communities. Behind you are a great team of colleagues that are always there to give support and advice.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Life-experience. It’s essential. It helps us all to gain empathy and understanding.
- Positivity. We want you to be warm-hearted, patient and have great communication skills.
- Caring Experience. It’s highly valued, whether in a professional or informal capacity.
- Reliability. We seek commitment and professionalism to our clients and in situations.
Our Bright Carer Roles
We have a number of different care roles available at Bright Care. Take a look below to find out more about each one. Please note that only certain branches recruit for our salaried carer role.
Non-Salaried Visiting Carer
For our visiting (or hourly) Bright Carers, we offer two types of contract. Our non-salaried Bright Carers have a zero-hour contract. However, we do seek complete commitment as you develop your own client base.
If you’re looking for a part-time role, this option at Bright Care is ideal for you.
Overnight Bright Carer
Looking for overnight care work? If so, our overnight carer role could be ideal for you. As an overnight carer, you’ll provide a reassuring presence throughout the night for our clients in the comfort of their own home.
At Bright Care, we offer roles for both waking nights, as well as sleepovers.
Live-In Bright Carer
As a live-in carer, you’ll provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home. As you live with the person, it means you’re on hand to assist with all aspects of daily life.
We offer work based on a variety of schedules, please ask us to find out more.
Why Bright Care
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to become part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team, and we’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards:
- The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2018
- Scottish Care Housing Support Provider of the Year 2017
Secondly, we put the focus on building relationships. With visits of two hours or more, we place huge importance on building quality and meaningful relationships. We know that having a consistent face is imperative to providing premium care, and you won’t be required to do 15-minute pop-in visits.
Finally, it’s a hugely rewarding job. At Bright Care, you’ll be making a huge difference to someone’s life, enabling them to live out their later years with dignity and security.
- A driving licence and own car. Unless you’re working for our Edinburgh branch, it’s essential.
- Language. The ability to speak English clearly, both in person and on the phone.
- Flexibility. You should have a consistent weekly availability of between 10 and 35 hours. You should be willing to work some weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) and some evenings too (visits from 6pm to 10pm).
- Qualifications. Although you don’t need any formal qualifications, we support all our staff to work towards a SVQ2 in Social Services and Healthcare (SCQF Level 6) if you don’t already have it. This is in line with the SSSC register for care workers which states carers must hold this qualification by 2020.
Many of our carers have been retired and were simply looking for a meaningful part-time role, have returned to work after raising a family, or were simply looking for a career change. This might be a similar great opportunity for you too.
- Scottish Borders
As a Bright Carer, you will provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home, through visits lasting for a minimum of two hours at a time.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Providing friendly companionship
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting)
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Assisting with outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments)
- Supporting clients with taking medication
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility and light exercise
- Planning and preparing meals
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients, and reporting any changes or concerns to the office
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night