We have created a thorough and unparalleled home care training programme which connects directly with the day-to-day requirements of caring for the elderly. We believe in investing in our employees and empowering them with the knowledge needed to excel in a career in care.
Our Training Academy
The Bright Care Training Academy is a highly regarded in-house training facility and it is completely free to all Bright Care staff. Our hands-on home care course, built on new methods and techniques, whilst also continually incorporating new health and social care standards.
Our training team delivers a range of courses that foster and support our team of Care Assistants to deliver the highest standard of elderly care. Our initial home care training lasts a week and covers:
- Day 1 Orientation & Birdie Training
- Day 2 First Aid Awareness & Medication Management
- Day 3 Health & Safety and Moving & Handling Theory and Practical
- Day 4 Personal Care and Security & Confidentiality
- Dementia Awareness
- Adult Support Protection and Safeguarding
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Food Safety Level 1
As a Bright Carer, training and professional development is ongoing through regular refreshers, updates and training sessions. We also run an engaging online ‘E-learning’ home care training scheme.
Become an in-home Carer
Our exceptional team of Bright Carers deliver award-winning, in-home care and companionship throughout Scotland and the South East of England. We value our employees’ well-being and we offer competitive benefits and on-going support from your local branch.
If you are looking for a first class home care course and a fulfilling career in care, bringing joy and purpose into people’s later years, apply now.
What we look for in our Care Assistants
- People who bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience.
- Commitment and reliability.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
Get in touch
If you would like to join Bright Care as a fully-trained Care Assistant, we would be delighted to hear from you and discuss what a career in care work could look like.