Visiting Care Roles: Becoming A Bright Carer
If you’re warm-hearted, curious, and looking for a long-term relationship with an employer, we’re offering the opportunity for a select handful of the sector’s best carers to join our local dream teams and be part of something amazing.
As a visiting Bright Carer, you’ll provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home. You’re on hand to assist with all aspects of daily life, from personal care, to household chores; but most importantly, you’re there for those little moments in life, like reading the papers together, or drinking a cup of tea in the garden.
You’ll work in a small team of carers to look after a client, and will have a regular group of clients. We aim for a minimum of two-hour visit and during this time, you’ll be:
- Assisting clients with personal care, such as getting up, washed, dressed, and toileting
- Helping clients with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, cooking
- Going on outings, whether that be grocery shopping, social events, or hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice
- Providing friendly and ongoing companionship
- Supporting clients with taking their medication, or picking up prescriptions
Why Bright Care
Bright Care is an award winning, family-run business, established in 2009 to provide fully managed, in-home senior care and companionship services throughout Scotland and England.
We choose not to engage with council services. This means we can really go the extra mile to provide exceptionally high quality self-funded care. Since we are not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based staff.
What’s more, you’ll be part of a team who are fully invested in your career and development. Becoming a Bright Carer is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team.
We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees:
- The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2018
- We’re #10 in the Best Scottish Companies To Work For in 2018
- Scottish Care Housing Support Provider of the Year 2017
There are other benefits too:
- A competitive salary.
- A regular schedule that allows long-term and meaningful relationships to flourish.
- Provision towards regulatory items. We’ll cover half the cost of your SVQ2, and the full cost of your PVG, and your SSSC registration for your first year.
- All mileage is paid at 30p per mile, and we’ll cover public transport costs.
- Full and intensive training from our own Bright Care Academy. We’ll make sure you feel confident and equipped to do your role.
- Your uniform and PPE.
- The opportunity to make a real and long-term difference to older people’s lives.
We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees, including The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2018.
Founder and Managing Director
What We’re Looking For
Those who have:
- A positive attitude and bags of energy. That’s it. We’ll teach you the rest.
- A driving licence. You’ll need your own transport too (unless you work with our Edinburgh branch).
- Language. The ability to speak English clearly, both spoken and written.
- Work Permit. We’ll need you to have the right to work in the UK.
- To pass the PVG (Scotland) and DBS (England). These are the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
Ready To Apply
If you think this role is for you, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in our online application form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about what it looks and feels like to work as a live-in carer at Bright Care, please don’t hesitate to email us or call our Recruitment Coordinator on 0131 378 1888.