Our Visiting Carer Jobs
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into elderly people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the Bright Care family.
As a visiting Bright Carer, you’ll work side by side with your client in their home to provide care and companionship. Our longer visits mean you’re there for those little moments, like reading the papers, crafting or drinking tea in the garden, ultimately building and nurturing relationships that will last for life.
Yvonne, Bright Carer
As a member of our extended family, you’ll work in a small team to look after your regular clients. We aim for a minimum of a two-hour visit and during this time, you’ll be:
- Assisting with personal care, such as getting up, washing, dressing, and toileting.
- Helping with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, cooking.
- Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice).
- Providing friendly and ongoing companionship.
- Assisting with medications, or picking up prescriptions.
- Writing daily reports.
Why Join The Bright Care Family
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in Bright Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way. Our commitment and dedication to our employees is showcased through some incredible awards:
Being part of the family involves other benefits too:
- A salaried contract from 30 hours a week where you will be directly employed by us.
- A working pattern based on working five days per week. You’ll have to be fully available on each working day and alternate weekends.
- First-class training and ongoing development delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- A thorough matching process and visits starting from two hours that allow meaningful and long-term relationships to flourish between you and your clients.
- A dedicated Care Manager to support you and help you thrive in your role.
- Coverage of key regulatory costs.
- Mileage paid at 30p per mile.
- Paid holidays and pension scheme.
- Full and bespoke Bright Care uniform and PPE kit.
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Bright Care. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there are a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support – whether this be for training or for personal development. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.