Our jobs in care
Our exceptional team of Bright Carers deliver award-winning, in-home care and companionship. Becoming a home care worker with us can give you a rewarding and fulfilling career in care, bringing joy and purpose into people’s later years.
We value our employees’ wellbeing and we offer competitive benefits, first-class training and on-going support from your local branch. Each client visit lasts two hours or more, so you will have the opportunity to provide the care and attention your client deserves.
Jobs in care
If you would like to join us as a home care worker, whether you have experience or are simply curious about jobs in care, we would be delighted to hear from you and discuss what a career in care work could look like.
I enjoy working with Bright Care as it is a supportive organisation with a strong sense of quality and high standards. I take great pride in my work as a Bright Carer, helping people to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Bright Carer, Edinburgh
Coming to work at Bright Care was the best decision I ever made, it was like being welcomed into an extended family of supportive colleagues and staff members. I can honestly say that I wake up each morning and look forward to going to work and doing something different every day with my clients.
Bright Carer, Glasgow
Having never worked in care before, I had some anxiety when it came to the job, however the training provided was exceptional and gave me all the tools and information I needed to have confidence that this was something I could do. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
Bright Carer, Cranleigh
What we look for in our care workers
- People who bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience.
- Commitment and reliability.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
Our jobs in care
We have three different jobs in care available at Bright Care:
- Providing friendly companionship.
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting).
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking).
- Assisting with outings (food shopping, social events, appointments).
- Supporting clients with taking medication.
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility, and light exercise.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit.
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients and reporting any changes or concerns to the office.
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients.
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night.
What makes Bright Care different
Number one in the UK’s Health & Social Care Best Companies to Work For 2021.
Support is always available from your local branch.
Quality time to spend with your client.
As an employer, we offer salaried positions.
We will make sure you are never out of pocket when you travel between clients.
Thorough training at the Bright Care Training Academy and ongoing development.
Whether it is in management or care, we will help you find your potential within Bright Care.
Best company to work for 2021
Best Companies named us the #1 UK’s Health & Social Care Best Company to Work For 2021. Here is Tim Cocking, our Founder and Managing Director, being interviewed about this award by Dan Walker on BBC breakfast
We also employ Live-in Care Assistants in: