Live-In Roles: Becoming A Live-In Carer
If you’re warm-hearted, curious, and looking for a long-term relationship with an employer, we’re offering the opportunity for a select handful of the sector’s best carers to join our team and be part of something amazing.
As a live-in carer, you’ll provide care and companionship for our elderly clients in the comfort of their own home. As you live with the person, it means you’re on hand to assist with all aspects of daily life, from personal care, to household chores, to trips out and about; but most importantly, you’re there for those little moments in life, like reading the papers together, or drinking a cup of tea in the garden.
You’ll work in a small team of carers to look after a client. This will usually involve living with the client for one or two weeks, and then having one or two weeks off (when your team member will then go and live with the client). We occasionally offer longer placements depending on the client’s needs. During the week/s, you’ll be:
- Assisting clients with personal care, such as getting up, washed, dressed, and toileting
- Helping clients with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, cooking
- Going on outings, whether that be grocery shopping, social events, or hospital appointments
- Providing friendly and ongoing companionship
- Supporting clients with taking their medication, or picking up prescriptions
Want to know more? Hear from one of our live-in carers, Andrea, about her experience of this role at Bright Care.
Why Bright Care
Bright Care is a family run in-home care provider for the elderly, with a focus on providing quality care and companionship. With branches across Scotland and England, we specialise in working with self-funding families who are looking for an alternative or top-up to statutory services.
Becoming a live-in carer with Bright Care is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team. We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees:
There are other benefits too:
- High-quality training and ongoing development.
- A consistent working pattern with your regular client (or clients).
- Good work-life balance. You can choose not to do extra shifts on your weeks off.
- All mileage paid at 30p per mile, as well as covered public transport cost.
- A contribution of £100 for a return flight, if you are travelling from abroad.
- Accrued paid holidays.
- Full uniform, and PPE.
- A competitive salary
We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees, including The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2018.
Founder and Managing Director
What We’re Looking For
- Life experience is essential. You need to be empathetic and understanding.
- You should have a positive attitude, patience, and good communication skills.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations.
You’ll also need:
- A driving licence. It’s beneficial if you have your own transport too (depending on your location).
- Language. The ability to speak English clearly, both spoken and written.
- Work Permit. We’ll need you to have the right to work in the UK.
- To pass the PVG (Scotland) and the DBS (England). These are the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
Ready To Apply
If you think this role is for you, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in our online application form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about what it looks and feels like to work as a live-in carer at Bright Care, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.