Our Live-In Carer Jobs
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into elderly people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the Bright Care family.
As a live-in carer, you’ll live side by side with your client in their home to provide care and companionship. Living and sharing life together means you’re there for those little moments, like reading the papers, crafting or drinking tea in the garden, ultimately building and nurturing relationships that will last for life.
Andrea, Live-In Bright Carer
As a member of our extended family, you’ll work in a small team to look after your client.
This involves living with your client for one or two weeks, and then having one or two weeks off (when your team member swaps with you). Supporting your client includes:
- Assisting with personal care, such as getting up, washing, dressing, and toileting.
- Helping with light housekeeping, such as cleaning, laundry, cooking.
- Going on outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice).
- Providing friendly and ongoing companionship.
- Assisting with medications, or picking up prescriptions.
- Writing daily reports.
If you would like to know more, read Andrea’s story about her experience of this role at Bright Care.
Why Join The Bright Care Family
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in Bright Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way. Our commitment and dedication to our employees is showcased through some incredible awards:
Bright care really does care! The training is excellent, the staff in the offices are all warm, friendly and professional. I really feel appreciated, valued and respected.
- First-class training and ongoing development, delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- A contract with a guaranteed working pattern (inclusive of a two-hour daily break) where you can choose from: one week on/one week off; two weeks on/two week off; four weeks on/four weeks off.
- Good work-life balance. You can choose not to do extra shifts on your weeks off.
- All mileage paid at 30p per mile, as well as covered public transport cost.
- A contribution of £100 for a return flight if required.
- Accrued paid holidays.
- Full and bespoke Bright Care PPE kit.
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Bright Care. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there are a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support – whether this be for training or for personal development. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- A driving licence and car are hugely beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.