Our Overnight Care Assistant jobs
Our exceptional team of Bright Carers deliver award-winning, in-home care and companionship. Becoming a night time carer with us can give you a rewarding and fulfilling career in care bringing joy and purpose into people’s later years. We recruit, train and support our carers to deliver the highest level of overnight care.
As a salaried overnight Care Assistant, you will provide peace of mind as a reassuring presence throughout the night.
Yvonne, Bright Carer
Overnight Care Assistant job description
- Sleepovers: you will have your own bed where you can go to sleep, and will offer a reassuring presence throughout the night. You may be woken to assist your client.
- Waking Nights: you will be awake throughout the night to offer care and assistance when required.
- Providing friendly companionship.
- Assisting clients with personal care.
- Helping with light housekeeping.
- Supporting clients with taking medication.
- Assisting clients with walking and mobility.
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit.
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients and reporting any changes or concerns to the office.
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients.
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night.
- First-class training and ongoing development, delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- A contract with a guaranteed working pattern agreed in advance with your Care Manager.
- Good work-life balance. You can choose not to do extra shifts on your weeks off.
- All mileage paid, as well as covered public transport cost.
- A contribution of up to £100 towards travel between Scotland and England if required.
- Accrued paid holidays.
Being part of the team involves other benefits too:
What we look for in our Overnight Care Assistants
- People who bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience.
- Commitment and reliability.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
Why join Bright Care
As an award-winning business, Bright Care is an excellent organisation to work for. We value our employees’ wellbeing, offering salaried roles, competitive benefits, first-class training and on-going support from your local branch. With live-in care, you will have the time and opportunity to provide the care and attention your client deserves.
Bright Care has won several awards as an employer, click on the links below for more details:
Jane, Bright Carer
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Bright Care. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there are a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support – whether this be for training or for personal development. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
To apply for any of our Overnight Care Assistant jobs, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in our online application form.