Our Overnight Carer Jobs
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into elderly people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the Bright Care family.
As an overnight Bright Carer, you’ll provide a reassuring presence throughout the night for our clients in the comfort of their own home. You’ll join an exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers who deliver award-winning care at home to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
Yvonne, Bright Carer
- Sleepovers: During a sleepover, you’ll have your own bed where you can go to sleep but you offer a reassuring presence throughout the night. You may be asked to wake up up to three times to assist the client.
- Waking Nights: During a waking night, you’ll be awake for the duration of your stay. This is often when a client may need more support throughout the night, or is likely to be up more than three times.
Why Join The Bright Care Family
Our exceptional team of warm-hearted Bright Carers deliver award-winning care and companionship to the elderly loved ones of the families that put their trust in us.
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in Bright Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way. Our commitment and dedication to our employees is showcased through some incredible awards:
Being part of the family involves other benefits too:
- First-class training and ongoing development delivered by our Bright Care Academy.
- A regular schedule that allows long-term and meaningful relationships to flourish.
- In Scotland, we cover key regulatory costs such as your PVG, your SSSC registration for your first year and half the cost of your SVQ 2.
- All mileage paid at 30p per mile, as well as covered public transport cost.
- Accrued paid holidays.
- Full and bespoke Bright Care uniform and PPE kit.
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Bright Care. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there are a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support – whether this be for training or for personal development. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
What We Seek In Our Bright Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- A driving licence and car are essential, unless you are part of the Edinburgh team.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- To pass the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) or the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.