Overnight Care Roles: Becoming An Overnight Carer
If you’re warm-hearted, curious, and looking for a long-term relationship with an employer, we’re offering the opportunity for a select handful of the sector’s best carers to join our local dream teams and be part of something amazing.
As an overnight carer, you’ll provide a reassuring presence throughout the night for our clients in the comfort of their own home.
As an overnight carer with us, you have two options:
- Waking Nights: During a waking night, you’ll be awake for the duration of your stay. This is often when a client may need more support throughout the night, or is likely to be up more than three times.
- Sleepovers: During a sleepover, you’ll have your own bed where you can go to sleep but you offer a reassuring presence throughout the night. You may be asked to wake up up to three times to assist the client.
Why Bright Care
Bright Care is a family run in-home care provider for the elderly, with a focus on providing quality care and companionship. With branches across Scotland and England, we specialise in working with self-funding families who are looking for an alternative or top-up to statutory services.
Becoming a Bright Carer is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team. We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees:
- The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2018
- We’re #10 in the Best Scottish Companies To Work For in 2018
- Scottish Care Housing Support Provider of the Year 2017
There are other benefits too:
- A competitive salary and set up that allows long-term and meaningful relationships to flourish.
- Provision towards regulatory items. We’ll cover half the cost of your SVQ2, and the full cost of your PVG, and your SSSC registration for your first year. We’ll also cover the admin cost to upgrade your car insurance to business insurance.
- All mileage is paid at 30p per mile, and we’ll cover public transport costs.
- Full and intensive training from our own Bright Care Academy. We’ll make sure you feel confident and equipped to do your role.
- Your uniform and PPE.
- The opportunity to make a real and long-term difference to older people’s lives.
We’re thrilled to have won some recent and notable awards that showcase our dedication to employees, including The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2018.
Founder and Managing Director
What We’re Looking For
Those who have:
- A positive attitude and bags of energy. That’s it. We’ll teach you the rest.
You’ll also need:
- A driving licence. You must have your own transport too (unless you’re with our Edinburgh branch).
- Language. The ability to speak English clearly, both spoken and written.
- Work Permit. We’ll need you to have the right to work in the UK.
- To pass the PVG (Scotland) and DBS (England). These are the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
Ready To Apply
If you think this role is for you, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in our online application form.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about what it looks and feels like to work as an overnight carer at Bright Care, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.