Live-in home care and live-in companionship for the elderly is a complete and holistic alternative to residential care. When care and support needs exceed around 6-8 hours a day, having someone in the house throughout the day and night to provide care can give reassurance, and peace of mind.
What is live-in home care?
Live-in home care is provided by carefully matched carers who live their lives alongside their clients in their homes and will be on hand to assist with all areas of everyday life. Live-in care is available 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. Care is usually provided by two Bright Carers who work together on a rotational basis. This could be a week-on/week-off basis, or sometimes staff work in shifts. Our Bright Carers are employed by us. We never use agency staff to create a care package.
Live-in care is comprehensive
- Consistent companionship (reading the newspaper, playing games, taking exercise)
- Support with outings (grocery food shopping, hospital appointments, walks)
- Help around the house (laundry, vacuuming, dusting)
- Home-based activities (cooking, baking, gardening)
- Support at social events (family gatherings, clubs, religious services)
- Personal hygiene (assistance with washing and getting dressed)
- Health and well-being (support with medications and exercise)
- Personal administration (help with forms, letters, paying bills)
Benefits of live-in care
- Remain at home
- Enjoy companionship and peace of mind
- Maintain dignity and independence
Live-in care is flexible
Some people use live-in care on a permanent basis; some will use it ad hoc, either to provide temporary help while they recover from an illness or to provide respite for a family carer.
Live-in care is adaptable
Our Bright Carers are fully trained in dealing with complex conditions, such as; Parkinson’s, MS, and people living with progressed dementia and Alzheimer’s.
We can provide a live-in companion for the elderly, live in dementia care or nursing care, depending on your needs.