Caring for the generation
Live In Care at Home
Live in Care is the complete and holistic alternative to residential care. Often, when your care and support needs exceed around 6-8 hours a day it may become necessary to have someone present in your home throughout the day and night to provide that reassurance and a helpful presence. Often this can prove a very cost-effective way to be supported by comparison to hourly care.
Bright Care provide live in carers throughout Scotland and we take great care in matching the perfect carer for each client.
What is Live-in Care?
Live In care is provided for clients who need help throughout the day and sometimes at night. Live in Carers will live their lives alongside their clients in their homes and will be on hand to assist with every area of every day life.
Live in Care services from Bright Care, while often a long term arrangement can be accessed on a very flexible basis from one day through to indefinitely. Some people use live in care on a permanent basis; some will use it on an ad hoc basis either to provide temporary help while they recover from an illness or to provide respite for a family carer. Some families use us on a temporary cover basis should their main care worker be ill or has a planned holiday.
Common live-in care tasks
- Friendly Companionship
- Grocery Shopping
- Helping with the laundry and linen
- Attending social events, clubs or church services
- Helping in the garden
- Going on walks and outings together
- Assisting you in getting washed and dressed
- Cooking and Baking Together
- Vacuuming and dusting around your home
- Going to hospital appointments together
- Reading the newspaper with you
- Helping you fill out forms, letters and paying bills
- Assisting you with medications
We can also adapt our service to any additional requirements that you may have and meet additional training requirements in our team for more complex conditions for example Parkinson’s, MS, people living with progressed dementia.
Find out more about our live in care costs.
- You tell us us what sort of carer you think will suit you best.
- Get introduced to your carer before you agree to going ahead.
- Increase or reduce your care arrangements flexibly over time to suit your needs.
- Stay in the home you love surrounded by friends and family.
- Smooth out chaotic pop in care arrangements with one single carer.
- One to one care and relationship building.
- Always someone present to assist and help
- A PA, a driver, a cook, a housekeeper, a carer and friend all rolled into one.
- Increased sense of reassurance and security in your own home.
Helpful to Know
- Live in Care is available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Fully managed service with regular visits from your car manager.
- The Carer lives with you in your home and is around 24 hours a day.
- Typically care workers will work for 8 hours during normal working hours, and then up to a further four hours during the evening or night.
- Live in home care can include full day-to-day running of the home, all personal care, cooking and companionship.
- Care is usually provided by two carers who will work together on a rotational basis. Sometimes this could be a week-on week-off basis, sometimes staff worker longer or shorter shifts too, it depends on the client.
- Care Managers always available to handle any complex emergency situations
Live in care with Bright Care
Bright Care offer fully customisable hourly home care, available 24 hours a day with emergency call out service. Find out more about Bright Care below:
- We have local offices throughout central Scotland
- We employ and train our companion carers directly – we are not an agency
- We are a family run business with our own personal experience being the reason for starting the business
- Winner – ‘Care Provider of the Year‘ – Scottish Care Awards 2017.
- 96% client satisfaction and 100% staff satisfaction
Get in touch to find out how we might be able to help you.