Live-In Care at Home
What is Live-in Care?
Live-in Care is the complete and holistic alternative to residential care. When the care and support needs exceed around 6-8 hours a day, it may become necessary to have someone present in the house throughout the day and night to provide that reassurance and a helpful presence. Often this can prove a very cost-effective way to be supported by comparison to hourly care.
Live-in care is provided for individuals who need help throughout the day and sometimes at night. Live-in carers will live their lives alongside their clients in their homes and will be on hand to assist with every area of everyday life.
A long-term arrangement can be accessed on a very flexible basis from one day through to indefinitely. Some people use live-in care on a permanent basis; some will use it on an ad hoc basis either to provide temporary help while they recover from an illness or to provide respite for a family carer.
Common live-in care tasks
- All-round friendly companionship (reading the newspaper, playing games)
- Support with outings (grocery shopping, hospital appointments, walks)
- Help around the house (laundry, vacuuming, dusting)
- Home-based activities (cooking and baking, gardening)
- Support at social events (clubs or church services)
- Personal hygiene (assistance with getting washed and dressed)
- Health (support with medications)
- Personal administration (help with forms, letters and paying bills)
We can also adapt our service to any additional requirements. Our Bright Carers are trained for more complex conditions, for example Parkinson’s, MS, and people living with progressed dementia.
- Stay at home surrounded by friends and family.
- Smooth out chaotic pop-in care arrangements with one consistent package.
- Care is on a one-to-one basis that allows relationships to build.
- There is always someone present to assist and help.
- It’s a PA, driver, cook, housekeeper, carer and friend all rolled into one.
- Increased sense of reassurance and security at home.
Helpful to Know
- Our live-in care is available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Our Bright Carers live in the house and are around 24 hours a day.
- We’ll match one of our Bright Carers to your needs and we’ll always introduce the carer before you agree to go ahead.
- Our fully-managed service provides regular visits from your Care Manager.
- Care is usually provided by two Bright Carers who will work together on a rotational basis. Sometimes this could be a week-on/week-off basis, sometimes staff work longer or shorter shifts too.
- Care Managers are always available to handle any emergency situations.
Live-in Care with Bright Care
We offer fully customisable hourly home care, available 24 hours a day with emergency call-out service. Here’s more about Bright Care:
- We have local branches throughout the U.K.
- All our Bright Carer’s are employed by us. We never use agency (or bank) staff to create a care package.
- We are a family-run business, with our own personal experience being the reason for starting the business.
- Winner – ‘Care Provider of the Year‘ – Scottish Care Awards 2017.
- In 2018 we were nominated one of the 100 Best Small Companies to work for by the Sunday Times.
Get in touch to find out how we might be able to help you.