Caring for the generation
Overnight Care to Provide a Reassuring Night Presence
We know that care is not only needed during the day. As such, our comprehensive range of services include overnight care too. Overnight care is when your companion carers stay with you in the house through the night to assist and support you as required.
The benefits of having an overnight service in place include peace of mind and reassurance that you will be cared for whatever happens through the night. Our companion carers are carefully matched to you and want to go the extra mile. We are confident that this ethos will shine through in the service we provide.
Our Overnight care is delivered as either a sleepover service or a waking night service.
What is waking nights care?
A waking night service is required when the client does not sleep through the night, needs continual attention and cannot be left alone. In this case a companion carer will stay awake all night to watch and assist and be there for you. A waking night service is always more expensive than a sleepover service.
In a sleepover service, your Companion Carer will require a bed and quiet place to sleep. They are on duty through the night and will wake up to assist you should you require it up to three times. Typically your companion carer will wake up immediately if they hear any stirring in the house and can be woken up anytime during their shift with a bell or can be called by the client for assistance.
High quality home care allows our clients to retain a level of independence and dignity that might not be matched when staying in a care home.
Overnight Care & Waking Night Benefits
- A reassuring presence throughout the night
- Someone around to assist in the morning with a nice breakfast.
- Peace of mind knowing someone will be there to assist you.
- Knowing that someone is their with you during the night when you feel most vulnerable.
- Support with mobilising in going to the bathroom or assistance with medication.
- Providing respite to family members who usually provide the care by giving them a break.
- Helping to alleviate sleep deprivation of a spouse or other family member who is involved in the care.
- Available ad hoc after a hospital stay to act if an illness reoccurs.
Helpful to Know
- Available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Offered between 10:00pm and 7:00am.
- Minimum nine hours per night.
- Additional hours can be added if required.
- Can be used as a regular or short-term arrangement.
- Often used by people who have just come out of hospital and need a reassuring presence in the house throughout the night.
- Can be used as a respite service to allow the family carer to get undisturbed rest at night.
Find Out More About Overnight Services
We want to get to you you better and understand your needs. Please do call us and a member of the Bright Care family can chat to you about your needs and can, if you wish set an appointment to come out and see you to discuss things in more detail.
Alternatively, you can simply click the contact button below to access a contact form. Send us your details and we will get back to you as soon as we can to find out more about your situation and provide you all the information you need including overnight carer rates and costs.
Get in touch to find out how we might be able to help you.