Night care for the generation
Overnight Care: Provide a Reassuring Night Presence
Care is not only needed during the day. As such, our comprehensive range of services include night care at home too: your companion carer will stay with you in the house through the night to assist and support you as required.
The benefits of having an overnight care service in place include peace of mind and reassurance that you will be cared for whatever happens through the night. Our companion carers are carefully matched to you and want to go the extra mile. We are confident that this ethos will shine through in the service we provide.
Our care during night time is delivered as either a sleepover service or a waking night service, we also over comprehensive 24 hour home care for added piece of mind.
What is waking night care?
A waking night service is required when the client does not sleep through the night, needs continual attention and cannot be left alone, overnight care for elderly clients is a common request for Bright Care. In this case a companion carer will stay awake all night to watch and assist and be there for you. A waking nights service is always more expensive than a sleepover service.
What is sleepover care?
In a sleepover service, your Companion Carer will require a bed and quiet place to sleep. They are on duty through the night and will wake up to assist you should you require it up to three times. Typically your night carer will wake up immediately if they hear any stirring in the house and can be woken up anytime during their shift with a bell or can be called by the client for assistance.
What are the benefits of Overnight & Night Care?
Night care is included in home care services to deliver assistance that would otherwise interfere with sleep and mean waking in the night.
- Retain independence and dignity that may not be matched when staying in a care home.
- A reassuring presence throughout the night.
- Elderly patient and dementia specialist care at any time.
- Someone around to assist in the morning with a nice breakfast.
- Peace of mind for you and your family knowing someone will be there to assist.
- Knowing that someone is there with you during the night when you feel most vulnerable.
- Support with toilet breaks, mobilising to the bathroom or assistance with medication.
- Provides respite to family care providers by giving them a break.
- Get a good night’s rest: alleviates sleep deprivation family members involved in waking night care.
- Use (ad hoc) after a hospital stay for a reassuring presence or in case an illness reoccurs.
How to arrange night care
- Available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Offered between 10:00pm and 7:00am.
- Minimum nine hours per night.
- Additional hours can be added if required.
- Regular or short-term arrangement.
- Use as a respite to allow family carer undisturbed rest at night.
The cost of night and night waking care
Take in combination with free social services via “direct payments”
We see that families regularly need significantly more support than social services can offer: as such you can receive some money in lieu of social services care you choose not to access via your local authority and use it as a contribution towards private arrangements with Bright Care. This is known as “direct payments”. People often prefer accessing a much more flexible service with great control, socialisation and quality time, particularly when dementia diagnoses are involved.
Waking night care is more expensive than sleepover services
Waking night services are required when the person does not sleep through the night and needs regular attention, with a companion carer staying awake throughout.
Overnight care price is dependent on your needs
Night care usually costs around £20–£27 per hour, but you only pay for what you need.
By comparison, residential care home costs are typically £1,000–2,000 per week.
Night Care in your Area of Scotland
We are an award-winning care provider with offices throughout Scotland including Edinburgh, Glasgow and beyond. We pride ourselves on finding the right fit between our carers and your loved one and we have highly trained companion carers in all regions ready to support you and your home care needs.
Get in touch with your local Bright Care office today to arrange a visit or to talk through your overnight care needs.