We recently relocated our Bright Care Training Academy to a picturesque location in Perthshire. This bespoke training facility offers our staff a week-long comprehensive Care Assistant course. All our Carers receive this training before they are matched with their clients; this way we can ensure they always meet our extremely high standards.
Nichola Tyson, Head of Bright Care Training Academy
Nichola Tyson joined us in June 2023 as Head of Bright Care Training Academy. We believe her passion, drive and vision will enhance all our Carer and Manager training. It will enable every one of our employees to thrive in their role and exceed the expectations of our clients. We know that Nichola will help share our company vision, that every elderly person can live their later years, with peace, security and purpose, in the comfort of their own home.
Our Care Assistant course
Our first-class onboarding programme provides an immersive and comprehensive course, designed to equip our Care Assistants with everything they need to know about delivering exceptional elder care.
Lisa, Care Assistant Graduate
- Company structure, vision and operation
- Role of a Care Assistant
- Person-centred care
- Principles of care
- Dementia care
- Infection control
- Food hygiene
- Health and safety
- Adult support and protection
- Medication administration
- Personal care
- Record keeping
- Moving and handling
- Communication and confidentiality
Our Care Assistant roles
There are three different Care Assistant roles available at Bright Care:
- Hourly Care Assistant – full-time and part-times roles to provide at-home care and companionship during the day.
- Live-in Care Assistant – guaranteed work patterns to care for your client throughout the day and night within their own homes.
- Overnight Care Assistant – waking nights or sleepover care to provide a reassuring presence throughout the night to clients in their own homes.
To apply for any of our Care Assistant jobs, please apply now by filling in our online application form.
We are currently recruiting for a role of Staff Trainer, to assist our Bright Care Training Academy Manager to curate, produce and deliver onboarding and staff development training at all levels of the business.
Choose Bright Care