Welcome to our new Brighton and Hove Bright Care branch
Our mission is to bring joy and purpose to later years with our relationship-focused care for elderly loved ones in the comfort of their own homes.
We know that getting in-home elder care arranged and understanding your care options can be overwhelming. That is why our team in Brighton and Hove can give you the help and advice you need to make an informed decision. Our elder care services give you peace of mind, knowing that your loved ones are well supported in their later years.
Our services are available throughout Brighton, Hove and the surrounding areas, including Worthing, Shoreham-by-Sea, Findon, Steyning, Henfield, Hassocks, Falmer, Lewes, Ringmer, Saltdean and Newhaven. If you are not sure whether we can help in your area, please get in touch.
- Hourly daytime care, regular in-home visits, perfect for those who need some extra support to remain living at home. Our visits start from 2 hours, with the same, highly trained, consistent Carers.
- Live-in care, a great option for those who require support 24/7. A fully trained Carer is on hand to help, day and night.
- Overnight care, when care is required throughout the night, our overnight Carers can provide a reassuring presence from 10pm to 7am.
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s care, our highly trained Carers are experts in caring for people living with cognitive impairments. This support enables your loved ones to remain at home, in familiar surroundings and continue with a regular routine
Meet Mary, our new Brighton and Hove Branch Manager
We recently caught up with Mary, our Branch Manager in the new Brighton and Hove branch of Bright Care, to find out what she is most looking forward to in her new role.
What role did you have before you came to Bright Care?
“Before joining Bright Care, I was a registered Care Manager for a care company offering in-home care for the elderly who were referred to us by social services.”
What made you choose Bright Care?
“I applied to work at Bright Care as I felt it was the right time for me to do something new. The Bright Care focus on companionship based care and bringing joy to later years really appealed to me.”
What is your personal connection with the Brighton and Hove area?
“I was born, bred and brought up in Brighton. However, I left many years ago to become a Farm Manager, but I have now returned and live north of Brighton.”
What are your plans for this new Brighton and Hove Branch?
“My plan is to make sure this new Bright Care branch grows and thrives, so that we can provide the Bright Care style of care and companionship to those in the Brighton and Hove area.”
What are you most looking forward to in your new Branch Manager role with Bright Care?
“Managing a new branch is a great opportunity. I am looking forward to meeting new clients and making our branch successful. Part of my role includes building a fantastic new team which really excites me.”
What do you find rewarding about managing homecare services to the elderly?
“For me the most rewarding part of my role is being able to make a difference to people’s lives. Getting older can be a challenge but, with the right support, people can continue to flourish in their later years. ”
What do you consider to be challenging about your role?
“In my previous role, we worked with people referred to us by social services, it was challenging to be able to meet our clients expectations due to the short visit times we were given. Because Bright Care provides private, self funded, care, we can tailor our care to what our clients want, which will be very refreshing. With visits from two hours or more, we have the time to form good relationships with our clients and provide care we are proud of ”
Have you got any advice to those considering a career change into the care industry?
“If anyone is thinking of changing career and joining the care industry, I’d say – do it! It is so rewarding. I have been in the care industry for 24 years and helping people remain in their own home, with the peace of mind that we are always on hand, is so fulfilling,.”
What traits or characteristics do you think are needed for a career in care?
“People who make great carers have compassion, empathy and a smile on their face. At Bright Care, your personality is more important than your employment history. We look for people with a ‘can do’ attitude who delight in bringing joy into people’s lives.”
What makes Bright Care different?
“The Bright Care values make the company stand out from other care providers. We are one team who support each other and we are all working towards the same goal. Our goal is to enable our clients to have a good life in their own home.”
Why choose Bright Care?
The knowledgeable team at Bright Care can support you to find tailored elder care that focuses on building a relationship and establishing trust to provide peace of mind for families who cannot always be there to care for their loved ones.
- Consistent companionship (reading the newspaper, playing games, taking exercise)
- Support with outings (grocery food shopping, hospital appointments, walks)
- Help around the house (laundry, vacuuming, dusting)
- Home-based activities (cooking, baking, gardening)
- Support at social events (family gatherings, clubs, religious services)
- Personal hygiene (assistance with washing and getting dressed)
- Health and well-being (support with medications and exercise)
- Personal administration (help with forms, letters, paying bills)
Get in touch
We are currently recruiting exceptional Care Assistants in Brighton and Hove. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. If you would like to join our elder care team, please apply now.
If you would like to know more about the elder care we offer in Brighton and Hove, our team can talk you through our services, please get in touch.