Our Bright Carers
We recognise that our pursuit relies on the retention of exceptional people, and we take pride in finding the right people to join our team. We call it, the ‘Bright Care way’. Indeed our reputation, along with our first-class recruitment process, means we only hire the highest calibre of carers.
Whilst there are many attributes that make our carers great, we primarily hire people based on their character, attitude and alignment with our ethos and values.
Quality care and companionship is at the heart of true Bright Carer. Our Bright Carers are ‘person first’ not ‘task first’ and this client-centricity is what sets our team apart. Only from meaningful relationships can carers have a significant impact on the quality of their clients’ lives.
Our carers are as diverse as our clients so that we have the best possible chance of matching the perfect carer for each client. We believe the ability to care for another is something that is innate and each Bright Carer has been carefully selected on the basis of who they are as a person, and the positive difference that their life experiences can bring to the lives of our clients. When recruiting, we look for:
Life-experience. It’s essential. It helps us all to gain empathy and understanding.
Positivity. Our Bright Carers are warm-hearted, patient and have great communication skills.
Caring Experience: It’s highly valued during our recruitment process, whether in a professional or informal capacity.
Reliability. We seek commitment and professionalism to our clients and in situations.
All Bright Carers, regardless of past experience, go through our Training Academy. This is an intensive three-day course led by our Staff Training and Development Manager, Aga. All carers additionally must complete four modules of e-learning and are fully PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) compliant. We hope this provides full peace of mind.
We are also incredibly thorough on our recruitment process prior to our Training Academy to ensure we get the right quality of staff joining our team. Find out more about our recruitment process here.
We Go The Whole Way
We don’t believe in remaining at home ‘for as long as possible’. Instead, with the right foundations and resources, we believe it possible for elderly people to live out their days with dignity and grace in the comfort of their own homes. Our carers always there for your loved one.
‘The magic in our care company is found in the exceptional quality of our people’ – Tim Cocking, Managing Director.
What do we look for in our Carers?…
- People who have a very positive attitude to life and caring for others.
- People who are humble, gentle and well mannered in their nature
- People who are emotionally intelligent. They have an innate ability to assess what is going on in a situation, how everyone is feeling, how they will likely respond and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
- People who are aware of their strengths and weaknesses and are always happy to learn and grow and accept constructive feedback.
- Following the above non-negotiable characteristics, we also look at the following attributes:
- To what extent do they understand and value the importance of socialisation in caring for older people.
- What life experience do they have in caring for others and do their practical abilities align with their positive character attributes?
- Are they seeking long-term relationships with clients and the company?
- Do they have the potential to grow into an ‘Ambassador’ for Bright Care.
- Our staff must also have consistent and flexible week by week availability.
- The majority of our staff are also drivers with cars.
I enjoy working with Bright Care as it is a supportive organisation with a strong sense of quality and high standards. I appreciate the approachable, helpful staff and the training and ongoing support provided. I take great pride in my work as a Companion Carer, helping people to live as independently as possible in their own homes.Alison JohnstonEdinburgh Office
I love my job as a carer and companion and feel that we, as individual carers, and Bright Care as an organisation, make such a difference to our clients’ daily lives. That is what it is all about – making a difference, which is so rewarding! I feel incredibly valued as a Bright Care employee and have never felt happier in my working life.Donna KellyGlasgow South
Working with Bright Care is more than just a 'job' it gives you a sense of pride, achievement and fulfillment - making a difference to the vulnerable within our communities. Behind you are a great team of colleagues that are always there to give support and adviceYvonne ToughGlasgow South
Coming to work at Brightcare was the best decision I ever made, it was like being welcomed into an extended family of supportive colleagues and staff members. I can honestly say that I wake up each morning and look forward to going to work and doing something different every day with my clients.Kiera ScamblerDunbartonshire Office