A diagnosis of dementia can have a massive impact. Both practically and emotionally, the person diagnosed is likely to be affected, as well as their wider family. Indeed, it can often be difficult and upsetting coming to terms with what the diagnosis might mean.
However, armed with the right knowledge and expertise, there is no reason why a positive and fulfilling life cannot be enjoyed by all.
In our workshop, ‘Dementia: Promoting Excellence’ we explore the journey that someone who is living with dementia might be experiencing. It is free, and open to anyone who might benefit.
What you’ll learn:
In the workshop, we’ll touch upon a number of topics, including:
- Understanding signs and symptoms of dementia
- Legislation and policy surrounding the illness
- Person-centre support, and the impact of dementia on feelings and behaviours
- How to effectively communicate with someone who is living with dementia
- The impact of the environment, and what changes you can make to help your loved one/client
- About Life Story Work and its benefits
How to book:
This free workshop is from 9.30am – 4pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
To book a place on this workshop, or to find out the next dates and locations — please contact our Training and Staff Development Manager, Aga Newsome, on email@example.com