It’s vitally important to be able to assist an elderly person to move in a manner that is safe both for the person being moved, but also the person who is assisting. Our free workshop, which is open to all, will enable you to do this.
You’re welcome to join us for as long as is helpful. We run regular workshops on safe Moving and Handling techniques across all of our offices and we would be delighted to have you. If you are not able to attend any of the listed dates in the booking form below, please email aga.newsome
Our workshop is made up of theory as well as practical work. The theory element of the workshop provides a good basis for understanding how to keep ourselves and our loved ones and clients safe when we support them to move.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspect: what legislation exists and how does it affect me?
- The causes and effects of musculoskeletal injuries.
- How to prevent musculoskeletal injuries (at home and work!).
- Understanding how to assess risk.
Practicing safe moves
During the practical part of the training you will have a chance to practice some safe moves including:
- Supporting someone while they walk
- Helping someone get up from a chair
- Supporting someone to sit down
- Tips on using a wheelchair safely
The free workshop is from 9.30am – 4pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.